Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Jesus, Help me!"

Tonight I was trying to get Kristen to eat a part of her dinner before i gave her an artichoke (one of her favorite's) and it turned into a bit of a fit. She was throwing a bit of a fit, and I told her to go into the hallway and finish her fit there. She ran to the hallway threw herself on the floor and cried some more. After a few minutes she starts crying out, "Jesus, help me, Jesus, help me!" My heart sank instantly. I felt horrible and joy all in the same moment, horrible because I had pushed her a bit too far for unexplained reasons, and joy because she was crying out to Jesus..I love that she is calling on the One that will always be there to help her! God is good!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

This is one of the cutest things I have ever heard!! Kristen is too funny!

chrisandheatherdouglas said...

That is awesome to hear that Kristen said this! How cute - I love hearing the things that our kids say about our Savior! It makes me think we are raising great kids to know the Lord - of course with God's help!

Anonymous said...

you need to update

Joe and Amanda said...

So precious!

Joe and Amanda said...

yeah, I'm with Lauren, your lagging more than me!

Lynnea said...

So sweet! It's fun to see you notice the daily things about your kids.