Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Getting blood drawn

Today I took Kristen to the doctor to get her leg checked out. She has been having chronic pain in her knee for about six months. So, Dr. Jim recommended that we have an x-ray, and blood work done. The x-ray went really well. Kristen thought it was very cool that mommy was wearing a green costume (lead jacket) and that we were taking pictures of her bones. Next we went to the second floor to get her blood drawn. I tried to tell Kristen what they were going to do when they drew her blood, but you can only do so much telling. Kristen's name was called and we went back to endure the needle. She got the first poke in her right arm, but no blood. She was such a trooper, the tech moved the needle around a bit but still missed the vein. I couldn't believe Kristen didn't cry. Of course, all I could think was now we have to poke the other arm. I was right, and thankfully the blood came quick! Kristen felt the pinch of the needle this time and cried! She was such a trooper! The technicians gave her bandaids and tons of stickers. Afterwards, Kristen continued to tell me, "Mommy it hurt when they take mud (blood) from me". I was so proud of Kristen, so I told her we could get something special. Her first request was M&M's, and then it was a doll. We went to Toy's R Us and she picked the baby she wanted..I love my girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Kristen! That is no fun! You were very brave!

Stacy said...

Im so proud of er!!!

Joe and Amanda said...

Awwwe!! She is so adorable! Did they get any results yet?