Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fire, call 911..nah, just throw it in the sink...






A few days ago I was making egg sandwiches for dinner. So, I was cooking up some bacon and had a second pan ready to put an egg in for Kristen. Meanwhile a paper plate (for the bacon) with paper towels was sitting behind the pan that was for the eggs. I turned on the flame for the egg and "whoosh" went my paper towel plate with bacon. Of course I am frantic and start to blow on the fire (already knowing this really doesn't work), and it of course spreads quickly. As the fire continued to burn all I could think was that I needed to call 911 because my house was going to burn down. For the life of me I could not think of what to do. Kristen was frantically running back and forth saying, "Mommy is that fire? Hot Mommy!" My next attempt to put the fire out was to throw my wet dish rag on top of it...stupid..the fire just cinged the dish rag and went up around it. Now the fire is from my stovetop to the bottom of my microwave...almost to my cabinets..and again all I could think was to call 911..nevermind the fire extinguisher that is sitting two feet away. Well finally I got this grand idea to pick it up and throw it in the sink and turn the water on. Wow, what a miracle that it put my paper towel plate bacon grease fire out! I no longer needed to call 911, but I did need to rescue my very burnt bacon that was drowning in water.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Haha next time just shoot it with the water hose like I told ya! Oh ya and I gotta tell you the story of how I smoked up the whole house last night!!