Thursday, October 26, 2006

The first REAL Tantrum

Today I filled up a water bottle with water and decided that I was going to use that instead of a glass. Well Kristen loves to drink from water bottles so eventually we were sharing the bottle while she was sitting in my lap. When we finished the water I gave Kristen the water bottle to play with. She had a great time trying to give Raleigh some and pretend drink from it herself. She then realized that I could fill the water bottle with water at the sink. She begged and begged for me to fill it up so I did and then screwed the top on it. She cried, and cried, and cried. So I took the cap off, emptied the water, and gave the bottle back to her. She cried, and cried and cried! This went on for about ten minutes or more. I tried to explain (the best you can to a 15 month old) that she couldn't walk around with a full water bottle because the water would splash out all over the place. It didn't work. She stood at the sink crying for me to fill it up with water. Eventually I took the bottle away and tried to distract her by dancing with her. She laughed a little bit, then cried, and then soon enough she didn't desire the water bottle anymore. I thought the tantrum would never end...I learned that in time they do end.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hey you are so lucky to have the first tantrum be at 15 weeks old!!