Sunday, October 21, 2007

Some time away

This weekend Paul and I went to Warner Springs to have some alone time..and left our children with my mom (Marmee) and Uncle Joe. Paul and I had a great time just hanging out and playing golf together (me for the first time). Who knew golf was such a hard game? I would have never put those together!

Kristen and Austin had a great time with Marmee and Uncle Joe. They played non-stop! Kristen couldn't stop talking about all the things that they did while Mommy and Daddy were away. We would talk to them both on the phone before they went to bed, and every time Kristen would rehearse what they did that day. The neatest thing was that while we were away she told Marmee and Uncle Joe that, "I miss my Mommy. And, I miss my Daddy." Can I just tell you how good that makes you feel as a parent. I know those days that she actually misses us will be few..so we just have to soak it all in for now!

No comments: