Sunday, April 29, 2007

Earth worms...

Two weeks ago, Kristen and I were working in the front yard. We were pulling weeds and moving dirt around. All of a sudden I came across an earth worm and as I pulled it out of the dirt and I showed it to Kristen. At first she just stared at it, and I explained to her what it was. Then the worm started moving and she did a deep excited sound that goes something like this, "hunh, hunh, hunh, hunhhhh". She was so excited and couldn't believe that the worm was moving. After looking at the worm for a few minutes I explained to her that worms live in the dirt so we would have to throw him back in the flower bed. So we did..and she went over to where she thought the worm landed and said, "Where'd go?". About an hour later I found another worm. Kristen was filling her buckets with dirt when, "plop", I dropped a worm in her bucket. She couldn't believe there was another worm. She played with the worm for a little bit and then told me, "back, back", which means "We need to throw him back". So we did just that. I love that my girl is into earth worms...

No comments: